Last Update: Feb 17,2018
New Bullards Bar Reservoir
- Available: 195,825 acre feet
- Required: 170,000 acre feet
Current Water Levels
- Elevation: 1,912.13 feet
- Elevation change - Last 24 Hours: -0.07 feet
- Storage: 770,278 acre feet
- Storage change - Last 24 Hours: -290 acre feet
- Bullards Bar inflow: 690 cubic feet/second
- Bullards Bar outflow: 879 cubic feet/second
- Middle Yuba River flow - below Our House Dam: 36 cubic feet/second
- South Yuba River flow - at Jones Bar: 133 cubic feet/second
- Englebright inflow: 1,060 cubic feet/second
- Englebright outflow: 881 cubic feet/second
- North irrigation ditch flow: 0 cubic feet/second
- South irrigation ditch flow - (Baker Gage): 11 cubic feet/second
- Yuba River flow at Marysville gauge: 984 cubic feet/second
Warning! This data is preliminary and subject to revision.
Lower Yuba River Flows
*Notice: Anticipated flows are always preliminary and are provided for informational purposes only. Flows are subject to real-time changes in weather and runoff conditions, and operations related to hydroelectric generation, flood control, and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission license requirements. This data is not intended to be used for flood forecasting. For personal safety, those on or near the river should always proceed with caution and be aware of changing weather, river conditions and the very cold water.
Current flows can be found at the websites listed below:
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/river/yubaStages.html - summary of Yuba River flows
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?YPB - total flow about one mile downstream of Englebright Dam (adds Deer Creek flow to the Smartsville flow)
Information below was updated on 2/12/2018.
Notice: Storm runoff and flood control operations can substantially alter flows in the Yuba River, which could result in rapid changes. Information is expressed as average daily flow in cubic feet per second (cfs)
Englebright outflow was reduced by 20 cfs to 880 cfs. This is due to the extremely low snowpack, which is less than in the 2015 drought year. The current precipitation forecast is 0.00 inches. The 880 cfs Englebright outflow is expected to continue through the end of February unless conditions turn wet.
New Bullards Bar Reservoir is operated to preserve the flood pool, therefore storm and flood control operations may require higher releases from Englebright Reservoir. Releases from Englebright Reservoir may be modified based upon current weather patterns and long-range weather forecasts.